REGISTER AS A FOREIGN ARCHITECT
HOW TO APPLY AS A FOREIGN ARCHITECT
INITIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR A FOREIGN ARCHITECT
- Applicant must be a registered architect in his/her home country with a valid license as at the time of registration.
- Applicant must have an offer letter/ contract to carry out a project in Ghana.
- A foreign architect should have a Joint Venture (JV) agreement with an architect/ architectural firm registered with the ARC. The Joint Venture (JV) should have a seal from a court of law in Ghana.
- Applicant must have a residence permit issued by the Ghana Immigration Service
- Applicant must have a work permit issued by the Ghana Immigration Service.
- Attach the following after completing the form and submit to the ARC Secretariat;
- Curriculum Vitae of Principal Architect(s)/ Partner(s)/ Director(s).
- Two passport size pictures of Principal Architect(s)/ Partner(s)/ Director(s).
- Academic certificates of Principal Architect(s)/ Partner(s)/ Director(s).
- Proof of valid professional licence from home country.
- Two letters of reference (one (1) should be from the counterpart architect/ architectural firm in Ghana).
- Details of documentation of the project to be executed in Ghana.
RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS FOR A FOREIGN ARCHITECT
All approved registrations are subject to annual renewals.
Attach the following and submit to the ARC Secretariat;
- A cover letter to Request for Renewal of Registration.
- Any change in details of the project.
- Any change in the address of Principal Architect(s)/ Partner(s)/ Director(s).
- Progress report of project under execution. Should cover the following among others;
- Estimated cost of project.
- Estimated completion time.
- Completed works.
- Outstanding works.
Failure to renew license after three (3) calendar months will lead to sanctions from the Council.
These requirements are for the strict compliance of all.