Registration of Architectural Firm/ Architect on the Temporary Register
HOW TO APPLY AS A TEMPORARY ARCHITECTURAL FIRM
REQUIREMENTS FOR A TEMPORARY ARCHITECTURAL FIRM IN GHANA
- Applicant must be a registered architect/ architectural firm in his/her home country with a valid
license as at the time of registration.
- Applicant must have an offer letter/ contract to carry out a project in Ghana.
- A foreign architect/ architectural firm should have a Joint Venture (JV) agreement with an architect/ architectural firm registered with the ARC. The Joint Venture (JV) should have a seal from a court of law in Ghana.
- Applicant must have a residence permit issued by the Ghana Immigration Service.
- Applicant must have a work permit issued by the Ghana Immigration Service.
- Attach the following after completing the form and submit to the ARC Secretariat;
- Curriculum Vitae of Principal Architect(s)/ Partner(s)/ Director(s).
- Certificate for Registration of Business for the foreign firm.
- Two passport size pictures of Principal Architect(s)/ Partner(s)/ Director(s).
- Academic certificates of Principal Architect(s)/ Partner(s)/ Director(s).
- Proof of valid professional licence from home country.
- Two letters of reference (one (1) should be from the counterpart architect/ architectural firm in
- Details of documentation of the project to be executed in Ghana.
- Fees towards temporary registration of an individual architect is as follows;
- $500.00 non-refundable application fee upon submission of application documents.
- $4,500.00 upon approval of the application.
- Fees for Architectural Firms towards temporary registration is as follows;
- $2,000.00 non-refundable upon submission of applicant documents.
- $8,000.00 upon approval of the application.
(Please take note that the fees are subject to change).
All approved registrations are subject to annual renewals. Attach the following and submit to the ARC
- A cover letter to Request for Renewal of Registration.
- Any change in details of the project.
- Any change in the address of Principal Architect(s)/Partner(s)/ Director(s).
- Progress report of project under execution. Should cover the following among others:
- Estimated cost of project.
- Estimated completion time.
- Completed works.
- Outstanding works.
Failure to renew license after three (3) calendar months will lead to sanctions from the Council.
These requirements are for the strict compliance of all.